Eating at Birkenhead Point

Recently I made my first trip to Birkenhead Point shopping centre, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. The stores were all bleh, in particular, the David Jones outlet - where do they even get the stuff that they sell in there??

Anyway, I thought I would share what I had for lunch that day. I'm didn't pay attention to what the place was called, but it was a fresh seafood place outside Coles.

I ordered a Fisherman's Basket, which was fish, chips, calamari rings, prawn cutlets served with salad and tartare sauce.

Fisherman's Basket ($10.95)


Closeup of the large piece of fish



It took about 15 minutes to cook, which was a bit of a wait. But when it came out, my first thought was that there was a LOT of food in the box for $10.95!



There was a self-serve chicken salt flavour and unfortunately I went a bit crazy with it since I love chicken salt. I accidentally drenched everything in it, even the salad. Oops.

The prawn cutlets were different to what I expected, I thought it would be a square shape but it was simply frozen prawns coated with bread crumbs.

It all got a bit too greasy in the end and I ended up scraping the crumbing off the calamari and prawns, and left most of the chips in the box.

Eating at Birkenhead Point Eating at Birkenhead Point Reviewed by retrodaze on 6:48 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.