Becasse, Sydney CBD

Becasse was where I went for the second of my two Sydney Fast Festival Feasts in January. Like with Est, it was my first visit and a perfect opportunity to try it out.

The restaurant is divided into two levels and we were seated on the upper level.  It was quite dark, very hushed with elegant wallpaper lining the walls.




The Festival Feast was comprised of two courses for the set price of $55.  However, I was delighted with some small freebies that were thrown in.

First there was the bread.  The two round breads below were pumpkin and garlic.  I'm not ashamed to say that I accepted the waiter's offer of a bread refill.  I love good bread!


The accompanying olive oil and butter had a twist to it - see below, a little cube of olive oil and some whipped butter!


We also received the small canapes below - I cannot, for the life of me, remember what they were, but it had goat's cheese on top :)



The entree for the Festival Feast was Marinated heirloom vegetables with aged organic grass fed wagyu bresaola.


The main course was steamed barramundi with shellfish bisque, crushed potatoes and coriander



It was a small portion but incredibly flavoursome, I enjoyed it more than the entree.

A complimentary small dessert was provided to us in a snow egg-esque glass.  

 



We also decided to share a dessert from the a la carte menu, the souffle of the day with creme anglaise!



The souffle was very sweet and fluffy. I was glad that we decided to share because I couldn't fit anymore after a few bites!




Becasse, Sydney CBD Becasse, Sydney CBD Reviewed by retrodaze on 10:03 PM Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. Ooo looks nice, was it exxy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I just realized I have never eaten pumpkin bread, and now it is all I can think about. It sounds scrupmtious!!! Really cute blog by the way.
    Caitlin
    Dealies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mobblees: It was a sydney festival Fast Festival Feast promo so it was cheaper than usual

    Hi Fantasticated Pony: Thanks for the comment! Pumpkin bread is a great alternative to the usual boring types of bread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear retro - i really love the way you took a picture without flash and then with flash. it makes me feel like i have x-ray vision. and at the end of the day, isn't that why we all eat food? keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi chocolatecol: It's hard to show the food properly when you're in a dark restaurant so I like to discreetly take some photos with flash as well. Then I usually post up both photos because the food looks different in both pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.