Coffee Deli Warehouse, Homebush (3)

It isn't often that you can boast having been to a place for breakfast, lunch and dinner.   It was only going to be a matter of time until we went to the CDW for brunch to complete our personal trifecta.

The CDW wasn't as busy as I have seen it at dinner, but there were still more people than I expected.

The 'Big Breakfast' caught my eye - I have a weakness for having every breakfast food on my plate.  There was the 'Warehouse Big Breakfast' ($22) option available and also the 'Vegetarian Big Breakfast' ($18).  I carefully read through the list of inclusions and realised they were basically the same except the Warehouse Big Breakfast included streaky bacon and Italian sausage.

I don't really like bacon all that much so I decided to order the Vegetarian Big Breakfast with an add-on of chorizo (extra $4).

Vegetarian Big Breakfast - two eggs cooked to your liking, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomato, cannellini baked beans, potato rosti, spinach and woodfired bread


I was surprised by how big it was when the plate came out.  It was huge!  I put in a good effort and managed to tuck away a lot of it.  Highlights on the plate were the grilled mushrooms and the beans which were well flavoured with spices.  Let down was the spinach (hidden under the bread in this picture) which hadn't been cooked and seemed like it had been tossed on the plate without any thought - it was very dry.

Eggs Benedict ($16)
Served with homemade hollandaise on English muffin and spinach with smoked salmon


My friend enjoyed her eggs benedict and I should have taken a photo of the oozy egg i.e. the money shot.

So after having been here for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I think the best meal here is dinner.  I'm always happy with their pizza followed by a browse of the dessert section.

Speaking of the dessert section, I am a fan of their big, fluffy coconut cake. It makes me think of a grandma's cake and is slightly old-fashioned but light and airy with a heavy portion of dessicated coconut throughout.



And this dense, sticky mocha cheesecake which I had once - yum.
The cakes on display cost about $7 for a slice served with whipped cream.  You can also add on a scoop or two of gelato starting from $4 for one scoop.

I haven't been back for breakfast since this visit although that is not to say that I wouldn't in the future. 

Coffee Warehouse: Cafe & Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com