Bodeans, Soho (London)

Bodeans has become a bit of an institution for those who like their American style ribs and meats.

There is no hiding that this place is all about the meat.  Even the doorknob is shaped like a pig head!

With a casual style bar upstairs and a more 'formal' restaurant area downstairs, we opted to put our name and number down for a table downstairs.  In the meantime, we grabbed drinks at the bar upstairs and studied the deli & takeaway menu.  If you can't be bothered to wait for a table downstairs, then I would just eat upstairs since much of the menu is the same.

 I giggled at the menu where it said 'Need no teef to eat my beef!'


The upstairs bar


We didn't have to wait long for our table. 

The downstairs restaurant area


I was pleased to see that each table was stocked with a kitchen towel roll and variety of condiments.  Well prepared!



We had decided to get a variety of meats when we saw that there was a handy meat platter!

Meat platter for two (£25.95)
Spare ribs, baby back ribs, burnt ends, pulled pork and chicken served with fries and coleslaw




It was so good!!! My favourites were the spare ribs, pulled pork and chicken. We struggled to finish the platter between us and I thought it was amazing value for London standards.

Although we had trouble finishing the platter, we both caved in and ordered the American style dessert on offer.

Special of the day - profiterole cheesecake (£4.95)



Apple cobbler (£4.95)


Happily, the dessert met my expectations.  Sugary sweet, american - just the way I like it.

I would definitely return, I think Bodean's is worth the hype!


Bodean's on Urbanspoon

retrodaze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment