New Dong Dong Noodles, Kingsford, Sydney

Guest blogger edition

Over the years, I've found that restaurants located around university campuses are usually the best place to find decent grub at lowly student prices. Back in my youthful days attending UNSW, I remember going to Dong Dong Noodle house after classes to grab a quick dinner with my buddies before heading home.

Fast forward some years and Dong Dong's is still there! Although the name has changed slightly to "The New Dong Dong Noodles", I was glad to find food and prices were still pretty much what I remembered.


Salt and pepper chicken wing s- $11.80 - a heap of chicken wings deep fried to perfection and coated in that salt and pepper flavour that we all know and love =) Only comment - too many drummettes and not enough wing sections! arrrghhh


Fish fillet with sweet corn on rice - $10 - Another old favourite - goujons of fish lightly battered, fried and covered in sweet corn puree on an enormous mound of rice. We finished the toppings but there was no way of finishing all that rice...such great value for students as rice can easily make someone full, hehe



New Dong Dong Noodles on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same! Much prefer midwings to drumettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I remember these as being some of the best fried wings EVER! Perhaps a bit... umamai-ish... but amazing :P

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com