Albees kitchen, Campsie, Sydney West

Guest blogger edition

I've been to Albees soooo many times, but never got around to blogging about it. Maybe it's because I wanted to keep a suburban secret or maybe it's because every time I go I wolf down the food before I remember to take photos. In any case, I finally managed to capture a few shots before I devoured our dishes. To be honest, we ordered three dishes but I only managed to photograph 2 of them >_<.

Albees Campsie is located right on Beamish street and if you're lucky, you can get parking on the street right in front. Otherwise there's plenty of side street parking. Be warned that it does get particularly busy during lunch and dinner times on weekends.

Hainanese chicken (1/2) - $15.80 - The classic dish of half a chicken. De-boned, drowned in a light soy sauce and sitting on a bed of bean sprouts. ahhhhh. What an awesome dish. It reminds me of the same dish in Kuala Lumpur with the chicken being super succulent and combining perfectly with either the ginger/shallot dip or the chili sauce. Always get a bowl of rice with this dish to soak up the sauce, hehe.


Nasi Goreng Kampung  -  $12.50 - Fried rice with sambal, anchovies, prawn, chicken, egg, chili and shallots - Another great dish packed full of flavour. A little bit on the spicy side due to the sambal and chilis in it, but not too bad even for someone with a mild tolerance level. Chock full of those crunchy Malaysian anchovies, little shrimps and other morsels of goodness.




Albee's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com